Friday, January 6, 2012

The Count Down Begins

Well, it's begun, the count down to the hysterectomy. Barring any miracles or emergencies, I will be having a hysterectomy at the end of 2012. It's so final. No, that doesn't mean that I will not have PCOS. I still will, even if they took my ovaries too. At this point though, the plan is just for the uterus to prevent the hyperplasia from coming back and turning into cancer. The chances of that are astronomical, so I have to have this done ... no choice, especially since those chances will increase dramatically when I hit menopause. If a miracle happened and I were to get pregnant then I could put off the hysterectomy until after I was done breastfeeding, since pregnancy and breastfeeding increase the progesterone levels in the body. Which would keep the hyperplasia at bay. Now, I know you are going but what does emergencies have to do with this, well if no miracle happens I have to go in around June/July (or so) and have another surgery, where they will scrap and check my lining. If they find that it's thickened back up and get A-typia (positive for cancer) results back, then I will have an immediate hysterectomy. I do have to say that the thought of a hysterectomy scares me, I have heard so many horrors about them. One is that you loose your mojo, I don't want to loose mine ... I love that for a woman I have an exteremly healthy one. I read though that it's actually do to the PCOS in part. Hey at least there is a plus side to it. :0)

1 comment:

  1. :0( so sorry, I will still be praying for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete